Escuela Campo Alegre is committed to the safety and protection of students in every aspect of school life. The obligations set forth in the ECA Student Protection Policy (SPP) and Code of Conduct (COC) apply to all ECA employees (faculty, office and staff), volunteers, contractors and providers who represent the school and who interact with ECA students in both a direct and/or unsupervised capacity (hereinafter ECA Community Member). I, as an ECA Community Member, have read the ECA SPP as approved by the ECA Board of Directors on June 5, 2020 and available on the school website: www. ecak12.com. I promise to strictly adhere to and comply with and follow the SPP and also to comply with the COC rules and guidelines as detailed below:
- Treat everyone with respect, patience, integrity, courtesy, dignity, and consideration.
- Never be alone with children and/or youth at school activities without another adult being present or notified.
- Use positive reinforcement rather than criticism, competition, or comparison when working with children and/or youth.
- Avoid and be aware of the possible harm and misunderstanding associated with the use of sarcasm, especially with second language learners.
- Maintain appropriate physical boundaries at all times and touch children – if necessary – only in ways that are appropriate, public, and non-sexual.
- Be aware of and comply with the spirit of the ECA SPP.
- Comply with the mandatory reporting regulations of the ECA SPP to report suspected student abuse or suspected bullying to the school counsellor, relevant division Principal, Director of Support Services, or Superintendent.
- Cooperate fully in any investigation related to student abuse or suspected bullying.
I will not:
- Touch or speak to a child and/or youth in a sexual or other inappropriate manner.
- Inflict any physical or emotional abuse such as striking, spanking, shaking, slapping, humiliating, ridiculing, threatening, or degrading children and/or youth.
- Smoke or use tobacco products, or possess, or be under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, vapes or inappropriate chemical substances at any time while working/interacting with children and/or youth.
- Give a student who is not my own a ride home alone, or any other place, without the knowledge of their parent(s) or guardian.
- Accept gifts, accept or give food from or give gifts to students without the knowledge of their parents or guardians.
- Buy alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, vapes inappropriate chemical substances, videos, or reading material that is inappropriate and give it to students.
- Engage in private communications with children via text messaging, email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or similar forms of electronic or social media except for activities strictly involving school business without the knowledge of their parents/guardians or the relevant school Principal/Dean. Electronic communication that takes place over the ECA school network or platform is subject to periodic monitoring.
- Use profanity in the presence of students at any time.
I understand that as an ECA Community Member and as a responsible person working with, providing services to, or interacting with students at Escuela Campo Alegre, I am subject to a criminal history background record check. My signature confirms that I have read the ECA SPP and this Code of Conduct document and that as a person working/interacting with students I agree to comply with and follow the rules and guidelines as stated in these documents. I understand that any action inconsistent with the ECA SPP, the Code of Conduct or failure to take action mandated by the ECA SPP or Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of my employee contract or service provider agreement with Escuela Campo Alegre.
ECA Code of Conduct (CoC) – Reviewed and approved by the ECA Board of Directors June 5, 2020