UCAS is the organization responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the UK. They process more than two million applications for full-time undergraduate courses every year, and they help students to find the right course.
Three simples steps for ECA students to follow when applying to any UK university:
1) Ask for a letter of recommendation:
- Preferably from a teacher that knows you well and can speak on behalf of your academic potential and specific subject area.
- An area that is aligned with your major or Course.
- Ask for this letter at least 3 weeks in advanced.
2) Ask for theIB Predicted Scores from the Counseling office. You need to give this to your teachers. I need to input that information on your application.
3) Write your Personal Statement, in YOUR words:
- The personal statement is your opportunity to tell universities and colleges about your suitability for the course(s) that you hope to study.
- You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment, and above all, ensure that you stand out from the crowd. See Personal Statement
4) Complete the application using APPLY.Make sure you ask me for the buzzword in order to have your application linked to our school.
5) You send the application to me, and then we review it together before we submit.
Are you planning to apply to the UK? If you would like to read blogs related to students’ UCAS journey then follow them here: www.ucasconnect.com/blogs
You can find them on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline
Parents if you would like to receive UCAS email newsletter full of advice and tips register at www.ucas.com/parentform